My Instagram Problems:
- I like Instagram.
- I’m never sure what I “should” be posting on Instagram.
- I don’t wear fashionable outfits everyday.
- Even if I did, I don’t like taking selfies.
- I don’t live in New York City.
- My kids are cute, but are they really that cute that I can get away with an Instagram feed full of them?
- I don’t travel to exotic places every other week.
So, what’s a girl to do? I realized that even though I don’t live in New York, my neighborhood does have a certain charm to it. And I spend most of my days pushing a stroller, experiencing the neighborhood at walking (and picture-taking) speed. So why don’t I challenge myself to take a picture every day of something in my neighborhood that I find fun or interesting?
Bloggers are always doing “challenges”, usually in order to build their community or promote a product. I’ve always liked the idea, but I’ve never had anything to promote. But while I’m challenging myself, I thought I’d challenge you too. I have no ulterior motive — you don’t have to follow me or like my pictures or anything. I just thought it might be fun to see if anyone else would hop on board.
So Here’s What To Do
- Every day (for a month let’s say), take a picture of something in your neighborhood.
- Share it on Instagram and/or Twitter and tag it #localphoto and your #city and #state.
- Don’t worry about your pictures being stupid (today I took a picture of a bulldozer with a branch sticking out of it).
- Have fun!
p.s. If you want to follow me or see my silly pictures, I’m @lelizas79 on Instagram, and @ellee_h on Twitter. No pressure, though. 🙂